Anchor Points for fall protection – Statically mounted single anchor points designed for fall protection and /or rope access work.
- Ensure that all the anchor points are clearly marked with maximum loading and date of last inspection.
- Ask the building manager for the safe work procedure manual before using any anchor points
- Ensure that the anchor points comply with the required safety standard EN795:2012 and is marked / stamped on the body of the device or are certified by a Professional Engineer and that such certification is included in the safe work procedure manual.
- Check that the supplier / manufacturer’s name is displayed on the device.
- Confirm that a signed and dated copy of the applicable anchor plan is included in the safe work manual.
- Use any unmarked anchors, not even for fall prevention.
- Use PPE that you have not personally inspected for damage.
- Use working / safety ropes and attachments that have not been inspected directly before use.
- Trust verbal assurances that the system is safe even though the building manager cannot produce the required documentation. Your life is at risk!
- Attempt to work alone in a fall risk environment.
- Work without an implementable rescue plan.
- Assume that the necessary rescue equipment is at hand – check and make sure.
Follow us on LinkedIn or visit our website for more information.